Saturday 14 December 2013

Mexican Spirals

This was a new appie this year. But they are super easy to make and freeze great. The spicy flavor is also a nice way to offset all the sweets this time of year :)
 

Mexican Spirals

1 pkg. cream cheese
1 c. finely chopped cooked chicken
1 c. grated Monterey Jack cheese (I used cheddar)
1/3 c. finely chopped red pepper
1/4 c. chopped cilantro or parsley
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh hot jalapeno pepper (I used cayenne, and adjusted it to our spice tastes)
2 tsp. cumin
4 - 10" tortillas

Combine all filling ingredients. Divide mixture between tortillas, spread evenly and roll up tightly. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Cut into 1/2 inch slices. (unbaked slices freeze well). Bake at 350 for 12-20 minutes, until you can see the cream cheese bubble slightly on top. Can serve with salsa or just by themselves.
When I took them out of the freezer I defrosted them and I baked them frozen, both ways turned out great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment